Monday 23 March 2015

Ming Dynasty #1 blog

Hello my name is Sarahatopia and I am traveling to china and I will be tell you all about my days in china in the sixteen hundreds.
        Today was one of my first days I am starting my journey at Yichang and ending at Chongqing. I ate some rice and fish for lunch that was part of the market near the river. The people were very nice there but were puzzled why I didn’t look like them.
        I was going on a canoe to down the river to the farming side where I was going to spend the night with an average farming family.
        When I got to their house everyone was outside, there were older kids playing with the babies will other were out in the field. However, I could tell that they were expecting me because everyone looks up and ran to go get their parents over by the rice field.
They came running over to me like a was emperor of the dynasty. But I mean come on I am pretty amazing. “Hello my name is Shining and my wife’s name is Mulan” shing told me.
“Hello my name is Sarah Topic, Thank you for letting me stay with you for the night.” I told them.
They gave me tour of their farm house then walked outside and offered to continue the tour on the field. My feet had hurt from being in the market but I didn’t want to be rude so i went outside.
They are a very proud family of their farms that grew many rice but they did grew a few water melons and corn. Once they were done with showing me the fields they took my over to place I had not seen before their tea orchard.
“wow, how do you have time to have a tea orchard and row those wonderful crops?” I asked.
“We have all of my family helping our fields and orchards”they responded.
It was getting late and they were telling me to was up before dinner in the river so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment